M T McGuire
The published works of M T McGuire
A little babychaos
A week ago, having finished my submission for a literary agent, honed it, toned it and generally agonised over it my Sister In-Law – who works in publishing – kindly volunteered to read it.
Seeing the enormous size of my synopsis – it’s a complicated plot – she recommended I ring the agency I was approaching to check if they had any particular length in mind when they said “short”.
Eventually I took my courage in both hands and did. It rang, somebody answered and before either of us could say anything Mini Me shouted.
“NANG!!!” At the top of his voice.
There was a surprised silence.
“I’m sorry, this isn’t a prank call. That was my son. He’s a baby.” I said.
Oh happy day when she laughed! Luckily they are happy with a longer synopsis, the point is that it should be free from waffle. If there’s lots to say, that doesn’t matter.
- Glamour, glamour everywhere…
- Why Can’t Indies Punctuate Dialogue? I Think I Know.
- Confessions of shonky housewifery, bad cat mothers and wicked pets. #domesticdisasters
- All I need is Little Nellie! Learning to love #Christmas (and myself).#scrooge
- Guest Post. Handy hints on developing a villain over a series.